Remember...

Ancestral energy lives in the stars above us, the stones beneath us. Their memory gathers in oceans, rivers and seas. It hums its silent wisdom within the body of every tree.

Tuesday, December 29, 2015

What Matters


Fifty-nine days ago, I had a terrifying brush with death.

It was serious, but I'm going to be okay. I am still in the hospital, working on getting healthy enough to go home. It will be a long road to recovery but I'm already making great strides. For a while, I was breathing with one foot in this world and one foot in the other world.

I'm still processing through my experiences on the other side, but this side was full of overwhelming love. It seems to me it's the most important thing. It brought me back to this world. It protected me from the terrors of the other side. It has sustained me through my difficult journey, pouring in from all areas of my life, from all period of friendships, and even from strangers who pray for the health of the loved one of their loved ones.

I feel it, this web of prayers, thoughts, energy being sent my way. I experience it as divinity, as grace, as a safety net waiting to catch me when I don't think I can keep going. It illuminated what faith really is for me, and I have found it in humanity again, in the love that they can share.

We have choices, constantly, about what we feed the world. I like this world I woke into and I hope it continues to evolve, rippling out in waves. Love and joy are contagious. Pass them on.

I'm glad I woke up. I'm glad I'm still here. I plan to make sure those I love know that I love them, because it's the only thing that feels important to me. It's the only thing that matters.

4 comments:

  1. Love in all its forms is some if the best magic we have. Through love we can heal, and through healing we can love.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you are getting to write again. I think it is, for you, just as important as making things is for me. Most likely more so. Both venues allow us to create, to share a bit of our souls, and to add to the world in some way. Thank you for sharing you with us. There is a reason why there are, have been, and will always be so many people who are there for you... and its not "just" that the world is a loving place... Ed

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you are getting to write again. I think it is, for you, just as important as making things is for me. Most likely more so. Both venues allow us to create, to share a bit of our souls, and to add to the world in some way. Thank you for sharing you with us. There is a reason why there are, have been, and will always be so many people who are there for you... and its not "just" that the world is a loving place... Ed

    ReplyDelete

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.