Remember...

Ancestral energy lives in the stars above us, the stones beneath us. Their memory gathers in oceans, rivers and seas. It hums its silent wisdom within the body of every tree.

Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Welcome Home

My name is Sarah,
Daughter of Margaret, of Patricia, of Margaret...
The mothers of my mother.
Daughter of Phil, of Ruth, of Minnie, of Emma, of Ordelia...
The mothers of my father.
My name is Sarah,
Daughter of Margaret, of Richard, of Harold, of LaFayette, of Marquis DeLafayette...
The fathers of my mother.
Daughter of Phil, of Mark, of Royal, of Bennett, of Solomon Gool...
The fathers of my father.

I honor those who came before me,
Whose bones I stand on.
What is remembered in me,
Lives on in me.

Ase.
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.